The Secret To Keeping Spiders Out Of Your Alexander City Home
October 15, 2022 - Spiders
Spiders are a common household pest known for being creepy and often spinning silky webs to capture passing prey. Spiders are active predators that target ants, flies, mosquitoes, and many other pests; therefore, homeowners who regularly encounter spiders might have underlying pest-related problems. In nature, their predatory behavior benefits those who cultivate crops by reducing the population of various pests.
Classified as arachnids, spiders are wingless, have eight legs, and common house spiders usually range from 1/3 of an inch to more than 2 inches in length. The most common species in this region are the black widow spider, cellar spider, and wolf spider.
Are you a local homeowner wondering how to get rid of spiders in my house? Those facing problems with spiders should consider consulting with an experienced, local pest controller. A professional Alexander City pest control company knows the various ways of efficiently ousting spiders and the latest prevention strategies that deliver results.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common Spiders
In exterior yard areas, spiders commonly will form webs in places where insects are likely abundant such as gardens or under roof eaves. Many types of spiders do not construct webs and instead remain hidden until an opportunity exists for suddenly ambushing a passing creature. Some spider species that enter homes position themselves in quiet, dark areas such as closets, crawlspaces, or beneath the furniture.
Some Spiders Are More Dangerous Than Others
How dangerous are the spiders in my house? Fortunately, the majority of spider species in this region avoid humans, and their venom lacks the potency needed for posing health risks. However, a black widow spider bite may cause dangerous reactions among some individuals requiring medical attention. Symptoms may include nausea, sweating, muscle aches, and fever. The black widow has a distinctive appearance with a shiny black body that features a reddish marking on its underside.
Six Environmentally-Friendly Spider Prevention Tips
Those seeking ways how to prevent spiders often will find themselves feeling very frustrated. Try some of the following proven prevention strategies:
- Effectively manage all trash containing food scraps that will likely attract various pests that spiders hunt, such as by always placing trash bags in durable, sealed garbage receptacles.
- Adopt diligent cleaning habits, including sweeping crumbs, wiping spills, and never leaving dirty dishes out overnight.
- Limit excessive moisture or humidity by fixing leaky hoses, regularly clearing gutter systems, and keeping basements or crawlspaces properly ventilated.
- Periodically assess the base of the structure near the foundation for any cracks or crevices and fill them using a weatherproof sealant.
- Limit bright exterior lighting, particularly after dark near entryways that will attract flying pests that spiders consume.
- Discourage spiders from staying by promptly and carefully removing any spider webs with a vacuum.
As with the majority of home-invading pests, spiders will remain primarily in environments containing ample amounts of food. Therefore, property owners must implement efforts that limit the presence of ants, flies, and the various insects that spiders hunt. Combining these actions with effective methods of physically excluding spiders often yields the best results.
Professional Pest Control Makes For The Best Spider Control
The team of experienced professionals with Top Gun Pest Control continues demonstrating why past and current customers in Alexander City often recommend our company to their friends, neighbors, and colleagues. Our technicians know how to get rid of spiders in houses quickly and how to keep spiders away from the property.
Contact our team today regarding a consultation. Remember to ask our friendly representative about our year-round pest protection plans that include treatment visits on a monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly basis.