How Do I Get Rid Of Ants In My Alexander City Home?
January 15, 2022 - Ants
What's that marching one by one? You guessed it—the ants. Of course, if you remember how the song goes, you'll also know that their numbers will quickly multiply. Coming in a wide variety of species, ants are commonplace across the entire world and all too often on people's lawns or even inside their homes. What begins with a couple of scouts looking for easy food and shelter will swiftly spiral out of control when the colony catches wind of things. If you let them get carried away, these irritating little insects will be crawling over every inch of your Alexander City property before you know it. Thankfully, there are plenty of measures to take against them. If you need help with ridding yourself of these pervasive pests, you've come to the right place.
The Usual Suspects
With so many different species of ant local to our area, it can be difficult to identify the specific problem you're facing. Here are a few of the most common culprits.
- The Carpenter Ant is about 1 inch long and likely the most threatening variety, since they have a habit of chewing through wood, causing structural damage to homes.
- The Fire Ant is about 1/16 of an inch long, but despite its small size is an infamous summertime menace due to its painful bite and tendency to swarm on those who disturb their nests.
- The Pavement Ant is about 1/10 of an inch long and favors the concrete of streets, sidewalks, and home foundations.
- The Pharaoh Ant is about 1/6 of an inch long and is primarily attracted to sweet and fatty foods.
- The Odorous House Ant is about 1/8 of an inch long and can excrete an unpleasant smell when agitated.
- The Argentine Ant is truly tiny at less than 1/10 of an inch long. As a result, they're difficult to catch and exterminate.
Regardless of the type of ant you're dealing with, if they're inside your Alexander city home, you're likely going to want to get rid of them quickly. Fortunately, our team of experts at Top Gun can help.
Are Ants Really A Problem?
Although most domestic species of ants are not explicitly dangerous to humans, one should never underestimate the overwhelming annoyance they can become. Ants invade in large numbers, often establishing nests in lawns, inside walls, potted plants, or in other suitably enclosed areas within the home. Because each ant relays the location of any resource, it finds back to the rest, a lone ant here or there could mean the beginnings of an enormous new colony. Once established, the colony will prove quite difficult to remove. Ants are extremely persistent when there is a desirable food source at stake and will stop at nothing to secure any stray morsels they find around your home. So, while you may certainly fall prey to a few bites, the true concern lies in their sheer numbers as they nest in your home and contaminate your food.
Tips For Keeping Ants Out Of Your Alexander City Home
After a certain point, the prospect of treating an ant problem can seem almost impossible. Without professional aid, it can be a daunting task, but there are a few things that anyone can do to help combat an ant infestation.
- Treat your lawn and the exterior of your home, remove any nests.
- Ensure all trash cans are secure.
- Keep your property clean of any crumbs or spills.
- Seal any cracks or other entry points around your home.
Unfortunately, even if one follows these steps, they could still have a persistent problem on their hands. Ants are resilient and social creatures, so where there are some, there are many more to come. That's why the easiest and most effective means of ant control will always be to contact the professionals. Reach out to our team at Top Gun Pest Control today and receive expert guidance from our network of highly trained technicians.