Bed Bugs Favorite Places To Hide In Alexander City
September 20, 2019 - Bed Bugs
Have you ever played hide and seek? Most people have. Today, we will be playing a game very similar, except instead of people hiding, bed bugs will hide and we will try to find them. If you are worried you are not up for the task, don’t worry. We'll give you all you need to know to find the hiding bed bugs, starting with these 5 places bed bugs love to hide.
- Hotels: When people travel, if they had bed bugs at home, they can bring them into a hotel unintentionally. This leads to infestations, making hotels a hotspot for bed bug activity.
- Movie Theaters: When people go to the movies, they don’t usually think about bed bugs. But bed bugs can be brought to theaters and left behind in the seats.
- Public Transportation: In a single day a bus, train, or plane sees many travelers, some who could be carrying bed bugs with them. This can lead to these modes of transportation becoming infested.
- Schools: Kids are just as susceptible to bed bugs as adults, and their backpacks are perfect hiding spots for hitchhiking bed bugs. It only takes 20 minutes of inactivity for a student's bag to become infested if another infested bag is nearby.
- Right Under Your Nose: Often bed bugs hide right under our noses, in the beds we sleep in every night. If you are wondering why you are having trouble sleeping, you may find your answer hiding just out of sight.
Signs Bed Bugs Leave Behind
Now that we have shared some common places bed bugs are known to hide, let's talk about signs they leave behind so you can spot them.
- Spots of blood around sleeping areas.
- Black fecal matter, droppings about the size of a period on a page.
- A strange musty odor in the air.
- Skin sheddings from maturing bed bugs.
- Tiny almost see-through eggs hidden in cracks.
- Live bed bugs.
The more you keep an eye out for these signs when out and about, the better you will be able to avoid bringing bed bugs home with you.
What To Do If Bed Bugs Invade
Sometimes bed bugs get inside despite our efforts to keep them away. If this is the case for your home, Top Gun is here to help. Our professionals have trained long and hard to know how to spot and treat for bed bugs, making sure if they are hiding under your nose they won’t be for long. To schedule a bed bug inspection for your home, give us a call today.